- Switch off the wall socket (where the laptop power supply is connected)
- Unplug power supply
- Take out the battery
- Open the laptop wide and place it gently on a towel (keyboard facing down)
- Wait some time (30-60min) for liquid to drain into the towel. DO NOT use hair dryer etc.
- Do not plug in power or place battery back in to the unit.
- Bring the laptop to us as special cleaning will be still required.
If you follow these steps, there is a big chance to recover your laptop without any damage to hardware and operating system.
If the spillage has been made on a desktop unit (not only the keyboard) then:
- Switch off the wall socket (where the unit is connected)
- Dry any liquid which is out of the unit with wipes or towel.
- Disconnect the unit and bring it for inspection and cleaning.